Thursday, January 28, 2016

God is amazing!

Today was a day to cry happy tears!

I haven't updated my blog in a while. It's not much fun when there isn't any new news on the adoption. I'm not going to sob on here about how hard "the wait" is (that would be depressing to read, I know), so it's been a quiet few months.

Have you ever wanted God to do something in or through your life? Much of what God does in our lives are never seen. I think that is more because we live our lives closed off and don't share, even the depressing parts, of our lives. We keep to ourselves and we shut out the opportunities to see how God really works through the events of our lives. So here it is:

A friend (F1) came to me today and told me of "a friend (F2) of a friend (F3)" of hers. I don't know any names beside my friend, so I'll keep to numbers so not to confuse everyone. F3 had an unplanned pregnancy and F2 was trying to help support F3 in the decision to choose life for the baby. F2 asked F1 if she knew anyone adopting and F1 gave her multiple names, one being ours with our blog.

Time goes on and F1 finally sees me today and says she's been meaning to get in touch with me. She told me that because of something we wrote in our blog F3 decided to go forward with her pregnancy!!! And I cried happy tears!! That makes me SO excited! And gives me so much comfort! There is a purpose to my madness! THIS is how God works!

It was not because of us that this child will have life. It was God through an orchestrated chain of events. It was a person reaching out to support a friend. It was another friend handing off information. It was through my brokenness that I write my blogs, that gave someone hope and strength to make a huge decision in their lives. It was through God that leads us to adopt, to write this blog. It was through hard losses and a LOT of pain and suffering that got us to a place to adopt. But THESE moments are what makes it all worth it!

I'm thankful for friends who tell me about moments like these. Thankful for moments where I receive a letter in the (snail) mail that a friend receives Christ. That's in my box of Kendall things and I look back on it all the time! And this one will be too!

I'm on my preachin' box now, and I know some will jump ship. I'll try to keep it short. We all want the easy life. Unfortunately, that's not how life works. But when we realize that we have a Savior and a hope for that perfect life one day because Christ suffered, we are able to realize this life isn't about "me" and be opened up to see how the little things can add up to amazing things! God has plans for that baby! AMEN! No matter our outcome in this journey, that makes it worth it!

If that person returns to read this, you are awesome and a part of something greater than you can imagine! And I know you will see that one day.




No comments :

Post a Comment